Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Italy Vacation: Rome

I decided to post about our trip in three parts. We had two days in each of three cities to explore.

Part 1: Rome

We visited the Vatican City and walked around exploring whatever we could find. Jonathon and I found a "mom and pop" version of a pizzeria tucked away on a side street and had the best pizza that night. While we were there, he asked me, "Would you consider this a romantic place?" I said, "Sure." He then asked me to close my eyes and when I opened them he surprised me with earrings. He was hoping to give them to me somewhere fancy but he just couldn't wait any longer. He's so good to me! We spent the rest of the evening walking around some of the shops. Things were pretty expensive so we were just window shopping.

On the second day we explored a different part of the city and took tours of The Colosseum, Capital Hill, and the Ruins. It was every educational! We really enjoyed it even though it POURED down rain the entire time. The picture still came out okay. No, those aren't ghosts in the pictures. It was raining pretty hard.

Some highlights....

Waiting in line at the Vatican...






Mmm...Gelato....











2 comments:

Susie said...

Those are great pictures. I am jealous. That was so sweet of Jonathon to surprise you with the earrings. You both are such a cute couple.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I love the pics!! Those are great!! What a great trip! I really want to go back after seeing your pics!!