Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Big Day

Jonathon ran the full Derby Marathon this morning. He finished right about 5 hours and I am so proud of him!! I only wish I had been there to see him cross the finish line. His dad camped out around mile 14 to give him a little encouragement. My step-sister, Jill, was waiting for him at the finish line with a care package of band aides and pain killers. She is so good at thinking about things like that!

My JJ cheer squad competed in The US Finals today and came in 2nd place. 2nd place never felt so good. The girls were disappointed about not being in 1st place but they performed so well and I couldn't be more proud of them. To be the 2nd best squad out of hundreds that tried to get there is definitely something to be proud of!!

I would love to have given a lengthy description of both of these events, but.....we are both so tired. I think we are going to relax for a while.

Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

Dawn Cox said...

did you happen to get any pics of the girls? kenzie sure would love to see a picture of real cheerleaders. she pretends to cheer all the time. lol!

Mrs. Wesely said...

I would love to post pics....but I can't. I'm not really supposed to post pictures from my school life on my personal blog. Trust me, there are many times I wish I could!!!

Rachel said...

Congrats to you both! Well done!