Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Productive Saturday...

Jonathon had Guard duties yesterday so he woke me up around six to say goodbye. I rolled over slept in until eight. That may not sound like a huge deal but it felt awesome! My friend Jesse came to take me to breakfast with Aimee and Amy. They were all getting together last night for a trip to the drive-in but I had decided not to make any plans since Jonathon wouldn't be home until late and I still needed to pack. The breakfast at IHOP was so yummy!! I had a great time.

I spent the entire day packing a little then running to either Meijer or Walmart to pick up things I thought I had or forgot about. The trick here is to get everything I'm taking to donate and all of my personal items for six weeks in two 50lb. suitcases. At one point last night one suitcase was 10lbs. over and one was 2lbs. over. I had to decide what really didn't need to go....that was hard! I have medicine cups, syringes (without needles), backpacks, school supplies, socks, underwear, eyeglasses, rubber gloves, kitchen towels, and some other things. Our church collects items to send but the things I listed were specifically mentioned as needs for right now. Oh..I wanted to mention that I didn't pay for all that stuff myself I have had financial support from friends and church members to buy supplies so thanks to all of you who have contributed to this project!! Our goal is to get as much as we can in the states because everything is more expensive there. I'll be taking more of the contributed funds with me to purchase items needed over there as well.

I did take a break from the packing madness to attend a graduation party and catch up with my friend, Jen. It was a nice visit and a chance for us to catch up.

Jonathon got home around 7:30 and we spent the evening hanging out and laughing. I love him so much. He makes me laugh with all of his witty comments. We had dinner at Outback...thanks to Hannah and Kari James for my teacher gift card!! It was delicious. I don't eat there very often and I was reminded that we need to go back again and again.

It was a wonderful day to get things done and an even better evening with my hubby. Things are coming together and I'm feeling almost no stress now. Praise God!

No comments: