Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, June 11, 2009

We're Here...

Friends and Family,

We arrived safely to Malawi on Wednesday afternoon. Our travel was WONDERFUL. Everything ran on time and the leg room on the plane was great compared to last time we made these flights. We spent the night in Johannesburg, South Africa and I could not believe the difference between that town and the Africa we see in Malawi. It looked like any major city in America with it's fancy hotels and billboard signs.

When we landed in Blantyre and I saw the familiar airport signs I was tearing up with joy. I had been a little anxious preparing for this trip and feeling slightly different than last time. As soon as I saw the place, I was reassured that this was the right thing to be doing. Thandie (the woman who runs the orphanage) and Mr. Fullford (the man who is overseeing the entire ministry here) met us at the airport. I had never met Mr. Fullford and instantly he and his wife were big hits with us. They have the best personalities! It was so great to see Thandie again too. She greeted us with big hugs.

So far we've only had time to settle in and get ourselves organized. We attended church Wednesday night at the orphanage and heard the most beautiful music. Today, we went to a bible study in one of the villages. It's so fun to see them soak everything in. Tomorrow we report to the school director to talk about curriculum and our other jobs while we are here.

Our plan for Saturday is to go "soul winning." I am most nervous and excited about this....expect an update about that!
So anyway, we are here. We are safe. We are absolutely in the middle of God's plan for us.

Thanks for the prayers and I'll update again when we get the chance!

7 comments:

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

YEAH!!!! Can't wait to keep up with all the updates! Tell Lana that Isabella prays for her every night... and we throw everyone else in there too. :-)

Hers and His said...

Glad you all had a safe trip. Keep the updates coming! :)

The Cooks said...

Wow!!! So cool! It's awesome to see God's work through you! Following God's will feels so good, and I'm glad you are sharing your experience on the blog!

Susie said...

Glad to see that you all made it. Keep safe.

The Tibbs World said...

We'll continue to pray for your safty and success during this mission.

Theresa said...

Hurray ! I am so happy for you and Africa ! I know God will use you in so many ways! I too am looking forward to the updates ! Big Hug !

Miss Emily said...

Great! I can't wait fot he updates! Stay Blessed! I'm praying for you guys!