Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, June 5, 2009

I Made It Through...

The insanity of the past two weeks hasn't left much time for blogging. Know this....it was crazy out there and I pulled through it! The school year is sealed...lots of mixed emotions because my class was AWESOME this year and I will miss them so much...Now it's on to getting myself ready to fly out on Monday morning.

I spent the day gathering my cash for the trip and purchasing needed items for the orphanage. Today I packed a suitcase full of medicine cups, needleless syringes, kids' underwear/socks, school supplies, and eye glasses. The only problem now is that my suitcase is 10lbs over the limit. I have another suitcase to pack with my clothes and personal items so I'll have to do some shifting of stuff to get both bags in under the weight limit. It's hard to pack for 6 weeks!

Jonathon surprised me by coming on Wednesday night. His boss let him work from home on Thursday so we could add an extra evening together before I leave. I just love spending time with him and we have had so much fun the last couple nights just hanging out. I think we are soaking in every minute of it since we know we'll be separated for a while.

I do have an added prayer request this week...Kristen was diagnosed with diabetes this week. We knew it was coming....It's a genetic curse the doctors warned her about years ago. There are tons of medical milestones they've made in the past decade but it's still weighs on our hearts knowing that mom's health problems revolved around her diabetes. Please say some prayers that she will be able to combine meds and a healthier lifestyle to keep it balanced. She needs the support. It's so hard!

Okay, I have to get back to packing...I'm so last minute.....

No comments: