Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Saying Good-bye....

Well, I've been through all the rounds of trying to say good-bye to everyone before I take off. Jonathon and I had lunch with Kristen and my step-mom this afternoon along will Jill who is going with me. We came home and spent the afternoon taking care of all the business items that needed attention before we both leave. Jami stopped by, my aunts Jessie and aunt Evonia have both called, and JOnathon and I walked over to chat with Heather and Craig before he had to hit the road.

Now he is gone for the week. We've been separated for seven weeks twice before since we've been together but for some reason today was harder to say good-bye. I know I'm traveling farther away but people do it all the time....everyday. I'm not sure why but I'm so much more emotional this time.

I miss him already....

I'm going to spend the rest of the evening trying to get everything I need into my two suitcases...I'm just two pounds over now and I have to make decisions about what I really need vs. what I just really want to take. Jami has a dessert waiting for me so I'll pop over and have a bite. Then it will be time to go to bed and get ready for the take off tomorrow. I would appreciate any prayers for safety tomorrow if you have the time.

3 comments:

Susie said...

Good Luck Karen. I will be praying for you all.

Sulayne said...

Our family will be praying for you every night. I told Jonathan that if he needs anything, to not hesitate to call us.

I also told him if he needed a hot meal, to stop in ... and I'll order McAllister's take out! ha!ha!

Terri A. Stice said...

Please be careful and take good care of yourself! Come back home to us safe and sound. We love you bunches and look forward to hearing from you that all is going well! Love you bunches!!!