Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Weekend

Christmas Eve

-Jonathon and I worked on the house all morning. He was working on the flooring and I was working on my endless laundry pile. This is pretty sad to say but I don't think I had done laundry for real in about six weeks.

-I went out shopping for a couple last minute items then it was off to Kristen's for the DeVore Family Christmas. Highlights included a visit from Santa and the best tasting food ever.



Christmas Day

-We received a phone call around 8:00a.m. that Jonathon's mom was super sick and we've had to cancel our family dinner.

-Jonathon and I decided to stay in our pjs all day long. We baked the pie we were going to take to the dinner and had some for lunch and dinner. Jonathon eventually started working on our flooring and I got back to work on folding and organizing all of that laundry.

Saturday
-I woke up feeling like I was starting to get sick. My throat and ears were burning but I took some meds and we headed down to visit my family in Bowling Green. KY. We spent the afternoon visiting. It's always so nice just to relax and have fun talking.

-I slept all the way home and went to bed as soon as I got home.

Sunday
-I woke up this morning with a hacking cough and no voice. I had to call in to say that I wasn't going to make it to Sunday School. It's kind of hard to teach without a voice. Then I headed to the Urgent Care center and camped out there all morning. I headed home with some antibiotics and took a long nap.

-Jonathon and I went to his parent's house tonight for Christmas dinner and to exchange gifts. We are so blessed to have them live close to us. They were very generous and we got the best gifts. The food was also super delicious. It was such a nice time. We had to cut it short because Jonathon started sneezing a bunch. I think whatever I have has been passed to him and his allergies are also in play. ICK!

The past four days have been crazy but fun. Now we are snuggled up on the couch watching tv and playing on our laptops. He has to go back to work tomorrow, but I'll be sleeping in.....

1 comment:

Hers and His said...

Hope you guys get to feeling better soon!