Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Founder's Day 5K

Jonathon is working this weekend so I had to get myself up on time for this one. I met up with Alicia and Tammy at the starting line and we were off! This is a cross-country race and I did not enjoy that aspect. I did enjoy having company on the route though!

In the first mile I noticed my shoe lace felt loose. I instantly felt panic as I remembered that I had tied my key to that shoe. I looked down and sure enough it was gone. What to do? If I stopped to look for it I was just going to be trampled so I kept going.

Alicia's whole crew helped me look for it, which was so sweet of them. I decided I would just wait around to see if anyone turned it in and if not then I would just call AAA and a locksmith. Calm.

The good thing about waiting and waiting around is that I ran into some old friends I haven't seen in a while. It was fun to catch up. Half-way through the door prize ceremony they announced that a key was found. PRAISE JESUS! I ran up to the guy as if I had just won the biggest prize of all. I was just saved from a huge headache of events. Woo-hoo.

Praise God for the ability to run in hot weather and for giving some kind soul the vision and caring to pick up that key and turn it in!

Oh...Honey, if you are reading this I'm getting an extra copy of that key made ASAP. ;)

1 comment:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

YIPPEEE!! I am so glad you found it!!!! Thanks for running with us! Give me a call!