Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer Update-Week 1

Monday: I went to school to "clean my classroom." By saying that it actually means I talked way too much to the other people working that day. Let's just say I didn't get too much accomplished. I'm too social!!! That evening my old roommate, Shannon, came over and we ran a lap around the neighborhood. She just started a fitness challenge at her work and I was happy to have the company running.

Tuesday: I found out the my tooth surgery schedule for Thursday (long story-dead tooth) got cancelled without me getting notified. So frustrating!! What if I hadn't been a teacher and had taken the day off and needed to take another day off the following week?!?!? To their credit, they were WONDERFUL about making up for it.

Then it was off to the dentist for a cleaning. Not my favorite thing in the world but I do always get to visit my friend Lindsey so yay. She said she could tell I had done BETTER with my flossing....not great but better. Does anyone else hate flossing as much as I do???

I met my step-mom for dinner. I haven't seen her a while and we had such a fun visit! I miss her! The only "thumbs down" part of the evening was when the waitress threw up right in the middle of taking our order. We felt so bad for her. The poor girl escaped into the kitchen and we thought someone would be out to help clean up. Well, someone did come out....the same girl. We felt so bad for her. She was crying and trying to clean it up. Shame on those other workers! We told her to go back into the kitchen. Finally the manager came out and sent someone to come and mop it up.

Wednesday: CLEANING DAY-I started by sleeping in until 8...oh joy!! I headed into school and finally finished checking out for summer. Man am I mess. It's ridiculous the amounts of things I piled up because I didn't have time to keep myself organized. I then headed home and started the laundry-o-thon.

Thursday: My day started out at Heather's babysitting Alex and Zoe. It was so fun. Zoe was the first to wake up. I warmed up her muffins then we read books until Alex woke up. He sat eating his muffins while Zoe and I played Crazy 8's. It was fun.

After Heather got home I came home for a little while then picked up Callie, Maddie, and Connor. We went over to my friend Angela's to swim. The weather was kind of touch and go in the morning but the sky cleared and it was beautiful. Good times.

Friday: I had Callie and Connor all day long! Connor is starting to be so much better about being without his momma all the time. We went out for lunch then headed over to the Frazier Arms Museum...Callie's choice. I had never been either. Teachers and babies get in free so it was a good deal! Pretty interesting.

I've had a pretty busy week and it's not going to stop. This summer is packed with plans! Next thing on the agenda: C-town Founder's Day!

1 comment:

Jason & Michelle said...

We LOVE Frazier! I took the girls there several times this year (homeschoolers get discounts everywhere just like regular school groups), and their favorite part was always the sword fighting demonstration. We love the summer exhibits... Dragons, Survivor: Jamestown, and Fontaine Ferry are the last three years. We can't wait to see the Pirates exhibit!