Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, May 25, 2009

Decorating Tips...

We sold our couches this afternoon thanks to Craigslist....yes there are some positive things that can come of that site. A couple from 45 miles south of Louisville came up this evening and bought my old couches. One woman's trash is another woman's treasure. I have to admit I nearly shed a tear as they pulled away. Those couches had been with me since I moved out of my parents' house in 2000 and they belonged to my parents for years before that. I called Kristen as soon as the people left and she asked me if I cried. (She does know me well.) It did feel like it was losing one more little piece of "home." I was surprised that I felt that way because I have been talking about how hideous I think they are for years. Emotions are funny with their timing.

So...onto the new couches. I pretty much know what I want but I thought I would throw out the opportunity to get some advice. below is a picture of my living room with the old couches and then with the empty holes left. I'm thinking beige/neutral with red accent pillows to bring out the red accents all around our living room and kitchen, but what do you think???????




5 comments:

Susie said...

The beige couch with red accent pillows sound pretty and elegant.

Jennifer said...

I think your couches should be dark enough not to blend into the walls.

I love the idea of the red accents.

Hers and His said...

Love your idea! I think a red couch would look neat too. I'm obsessed with colors.

Jami said...

I agree that the couches should be a darker color, like chocolate brown!

Sulayne said...

I LOVE my red couch! But I also think just using red accent pillows would work well, too!