Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Memories....

I'm feeling a little nostalgic tonight...forgive me if you're not a fan of sad posts....

I'm not the kind to wallow in any kind of sad or angry emotion. I'm really okay so nobody has to worry about me or anything. I've just had them on my mind a lot. So here are some things that I miss....

I miss talking to my momma each and every day. I used to call her and talk to her for a few minutes each day. It's like my day wasn't complete until I did.

I miss my dad's jokes, even the ones I heard a million times. I miss his laugh and the look on his face when he made other people laugh.

I miss my mom's cooking. I wish I had paid more attention to her when she cooked-One of my life's biggest regrets!

I miss my dad's realistic view of life and his no-nonsense advice. He always cut the chase and told me what I needed to hear, not what I wanted to hear.

I miss how my mom always told me what I wanted to hear and then we ate ice cream or cake or whatever we could get our hands on.

I miss laughing at the kitchen table on the weekends.

I wish mom could have met her grandbabies and I wish dad could have met Connor.
I wish they both could have met Jonathon. I never dreamed that I would find someone that my mom and dad would both have loved but he's it. Jonathon's sense of adventure with food would have won my mom's heart over. His ability to fix just about anything and wanting to "do it himself" would have earned my dad's respect. They both would have loved the way he loves me.

I don't talk about it much, but I do miss them both very much every day.

5 comments:

Teresa Zollman said...

It is OK to miss them. I miss your mom, too. I loved working in the food stand with her. It was never the same after she left. I'm not a great cook, but if you ever need some tips on down home cooking, give me a call. I might be able to help. They would be proud of the woman you have become.

Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing your memories, Karen. I love hearing little stories about your mom and dad! Write about them anytime.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

awww, karen! thanks for sharing!! you are such a good person!! i know they are so proud of you!

Sulayne said...

Okay, this needed a warning that said, "Don't read this on your lunch break when you only have 2 minutes left." I love reading your memories! You should think about compiling some of these memories for Kristen's kids and your future kids!

Kelly said...

Thanks for sharing! What would we do without our memories of our loved ones. I have to tell you that I often think of you and how you must miss your Mom & Dad. (I think often how much my Dad would have loved Michael & how he would have loved all his grandkids.) I agree that they are very proud of you!

P.S. Do you ever still almost go to the phone wanting to call them. Just the other day, I had the thought of calling my Dad. Geez it has been 12 years!