Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Updates!

Things have been so busy lately with the start of the new school year. I've pretty much been working, coaching, running, and working some more. The transition to business always takes about a month before I can get my time management under control. Here are some things that have been going on....

-Charlestown Football: I'm loving going to the games. It's so exciting to watch some of my former students get to play now that they are getting old enough. I also LOVE the feel of the community and the pride in Charlestown these days. It's really great to see.

-Family: I found out this week that my cousin, Kelli, is going to have a baby boy! I'm so happy to have another addition to our family. Kelli is my cousin, but I also consider her a close friend. I can't wait to meet Baby Brooks in a few months!

Labor Day Weekend: Jonathon and I didn't have much going on. We got invited two different places over the weekend and they both got cancelled. I got to hang out with Kristen's family a bunch last weekend. We played games, the girls hit me with their latest fundraiser, we had a great dinner, and I got to hold baby Connor a lot.

-Marathon training: Things are still going well. I'm so happy to report that I just finished week 5 and I'm sticking with it. I ran 10 miles on Saturday and I wasn't sure I would be able to do it. In the past I would have trained for a couple months to hit 10 miles, but the marathon training schedule is accelerated. It think it proves that it's really a mental game you play with yourself. I told myself I was not going to leave the gym until the treadmill said ten. I slowed down and took it steady. It felt great!

-Jonathon: He didn't get to come home this weekend and I'm missing him like crazy. :(

I've been so awful about taking pictures and posting things lately. I'm going to try to be better in the weekends to come as we have something going on every weekend over the next month. :)

No comments: