Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, September 27, 2010

Another Weekend in Ohio....

Jonathon and I headed to Akron on Friday to check-in and get a good night of rest for the Akron Marathon on Saturday. Our plan was to do a late check-out on Saturday so we could shower after the race and hit the road. Upon our arrival we found out late check-outs were not available the next day. What would we do?!?! Well, we got all comfy in our room....which was AMAZING by the way...and headed out to get a bite to eat. Across the street was a Motel 8. Oh yes we did....we checked to see if we could rent a room the next for just a couple hours. I can honestly say I never thought I would actually ask to rent a room for a couple hours! LOL! They were happy to help us out.

On Saturday we got to the race in plenty of time and I was feeling good. My goal was just to finish before the six hour cut-off. I never dreamed I would finish in under five hours-shaving seventeen minutes off of my first marathon-that I actually trained for!! I told Jonathon after the race, "I impressed myself today!" I gotta hand it to God on this....He gave the strength and energy to keep on going! Jonathon finished his race strong. I still can't believe he ran two full marathons a week apart!

After the race we headed to our other hotel to shower before hitting the road to Columbus. It was the best money we've spent. I can't tell you how "worth it" it was to get that shower after running for nearly five hours straight!!

We headed to Nora's house in Columbus and had a wonderful time hanging out and telling stories. It was really the first time Jonathon got to hang out with her husband, Jeremy. I worried they wouldn't have anything to talk about and it would be awkward. That would be awful because I plan on several trips in my lifetime to visit Nora. Well, they hit off talking about everything from zombies to political stuff. Yay!!!

Sunday was all about getting home. We traveled back home then poor Jonathon had to drive three more hours to head back down to Kentucky. The good news is this is his last week to be gone all the time! I can't wait to have him home for dinner every night!!

3 comments: