Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Life Update

I know....I've been neglecting my blog. TONS of things have happened since my last post so here is everything in the short version.....

On July 6, I woke up to a normal day and went for a run. When I came home I had a surprising phone call from a colleague. Long story short....I found myself within the hour applying for a principal position and setting up an interview two days later.

July 8-Interview done.....Off to Arizona I was with the CIC Mission Team. We spend a week at a Navajo reservation in Dilkon, AZ. It was such an interesting experience. While we were there we painted the front of an Hopi grandmother's house and painted, cleaned and organized the local church to help them prepare for a revival. We built a relationship with an amazing woman named Irene, and bonded as a mission team. I had so much fun getting to know the younger girls and the returning members of our team. Good times serving the Lord!

We returned home on July 17. I had received a phone call on the trip offering me the new job and I had accepted. I knew things were about to get very crazy so I decided as soon as I got home from Arizona that I would go and spend a few days with Jonathon where he was working. We had a fun visit that included purchasing a new car! My black Honda started smelling like cat again. I had it detailed when we bought it used last year and it went away for a while but in the heat of this summer the smell came back. We decided to go ahead and buy a newer (new to us) car. We are now the proud owners of a 2008 Honda Accord. I love it!

I spend the next couple weeks getting used to the new job and making myself at home at Northaven Elementary. It was sad saying good-bye to my old JJ family but the transition has gone well and I just love my new job!

Some other interesting events included a trip to Brownsville to see the Stice family and watch my cousin Jeff perform, a trip to Holiday World with the DeVore family, some fun time with friends, and the beginning of my new running plan. I've been off the exercise wagon for a while but I'm trying to stay consistent.

 That's what has been going on. I'll try to be better about updates now that I've settled into the new job!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so happy for you & your new job! Glad to hear the transition is going well.

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

How could you forget your starring role in The Egypt Files. :-) So happy for you!!!

Rachel said...

So glad to see you back at blogging world!!! :)

The Tibbs World said...

shew, a lot has happened to you in just a short while. Glad things are going well!