Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

We kicked off Labor Day weekend by going over to The Jackson's house for dinner Friday night. We had tons of fun playing Apples to Apples and enjoying a lasagna feast!

Saturday started with the Pioneer 5K in Lousiville with Jesse and Jonathon. I had never done this race before and it was nice. Jonathon enjoyed being back in his old high school cross country stomping grounds in Seneca Park. We came home to hang out for a little while until what I thought was going to be a cook-out but after a text to a friend, realized the cook-out I was thinking of was Sunday not Saturday. So all of the sudden, Jonathon and I had no plans. Yippee!! Date night alone was spent watching tv, catching a movie, walking around Dick's sporting goods, and dinner at Dairy Queen. Fun, fun!

Sunday was church. Brian preached about how to find God's will in your career. Jonathon and I both enjoyed the sermon. It was very timely for both of us. We both love what we do! After church I hugged Jonathon good-bye for the week and headed over to the cook-out I thought I was going to the day before. It was for my friend, Carrie, who is leaving for Switzerland for two years! I spent the evening catching up with some of her friends and family I haven't seen in a long time. I waited until everyone else left then had her all to myself for a few hours. We talked and talked until well after midnight. Her step-dad kept asking if I needed to make a bed for the night. Oh, I just didn't want to say good-bye. I think there will be a visit to Europe in my future!!!

Today was fun for me. I slept in until 9:00, then went shopping for a little while, splurged on a 15 minute massage at one of those stations in the mall (heavenly!!!), then had dinner at the DeVore's with my Aunt Jessie. This weekend was an awesome time spent with my hubby, friends, and family!

4 comments:

Jami said...

Wow- two updates in a weekend. You are on a roll.

Kelly said...

Ok, I've been wanting to splurge on one of those 15 minute massages in the mall, but just didn't know if it was worth it.

Europe sounds like a wonderful idea - you can go to visit your friend & a few other countries all with in a week or two. More stamps for your passport.

Anonymous said...

So sorry I couldn't get together with you on Saturday, but it was so nice that the two of you could spend some quality, and fun, time alone. Sounds like you had a very full weekend.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

thanks for the update!! see you soon!!