Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, March 8, 2009

A GREAT Weekend...

Friday-I came home and relaxed Friday night which was very nice. Jonathon didn't get home from work until late and by the time he did get home we were both ready for bed. We love to sleep! He had to be in Frankfort at 7:30 on Saturday morning and I had to get up to run a race.

Saturday- I got up early and met Jesse and Adrienne to run the Anthem 5K. I finished and went straight to the Panera tent. It's so worth it to get that Cinnamon Crunch Bagel at the finish line!

After the race I came home, showered, and headed off to pick up Chelli. We had to meet our cheerleaders at JJ at noon. From there things took a crazy turn. We were short a girl due to the flu....which we knew about the night before but we were hoping she may feel well enough...We were running close on time and got a little bit lost on the way there. We made it to the facility just in time to get to warm-up and then performed. We were so proud of our girls who had to step up and change things to cover for the missing girl. Our performance was very solid...just a few bobbles with the changes....so we didn't know what to expect. We were competing against New Washington. I really don't like to compete against them because I have much love for the coaches involved with their program as well as Tabby and Desiree! In the end we pulled out a first place, Grand Champs of the elementary session, and we were awarded a free bid to the U.S. Finals!! Chelli and I have been competing for seven years and this will be our first trip to a national level event. We are beyond excited and proud of our JJ girls!

After the competition it was off to Kristen's for a dinner party. Our friend Sarah announced that she is 17 weeks pregnant. Just when I didn't think the day could get better! She has had some troubles in the baby making/miscarrying department so they were waiting well into the pregnancy to tell people. We are so happy for her!! Another icing for the cake is that I got to check out my sister's shiny new ring. She and Chris have had a wild ride over the past eight years. I don't want to rehash the bad because things are SO GREAT with them. I'm so proud of how they have worked things out and I couldn't be happier for them. I love them! They have decided to renew their vows and she has a shiny new ring. It's so pretty. He did a great job picking it out!!

Could I have had a better Saturday or what????

Sunday- I worked the new information center at church and it was pretty fun. I love talking to everyone so that job will be a good fit for me when it's my turn each month. I came home and got ready for my Discovery Toy party which was so fun. I got to catch up with a handful of my close friends while playing with toys and eating pizza. FUN!

I went to church and heard Becca Drake tell about her recent mission trip. I'm so proud of her for taking on such brave trip as a Freshman. It also made me long for our trip coming up.

Jonathon and I are now home and gearing up for our new project. We purchased the fitness program p90x and it begins tomorrow. We have to take our "before" pictures, take a fitness test, and get our diet plan set. I'm hoping we have enough success in the next 90 days that I won't be embarrassed, but proud to post our before and after pictures. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Hers and His said...

Congrats on the cheerleading competition! Sounds like a great weekend :)

Amy said...

Congrats on the competition! I can't wait to see you and hang out on the beach. Only a week and a half away....yeah! Tell Karen congrats as well.