Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy to Be Home

It has been a wonderful week being back home. I spent most of the week catching up on appointments. If you know me well you know that I'm always going somewhere....dentist, orthodontist, chiropractor, etc. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac...but most of the time there is a real reason to go so I'm not crazy. :)

I did a really stupid thing while in Africa. I dropped my retainer in hot, boiling water and it shrank so I had to go get that fixed. My teeth are so mobile and they had already started shifting around. They are trying to salvage the old retainer so I don't have to buy a new one but I have to go back in a month to see if it worked.

I also switched dentists this week. I'm now going to my friend Lindsey's office. No, she's not the dentist. She's the hygienist and she did a great job. At first I thought I would feel weird having a friend clean my teeth....in case she thought I was super dirty or something....but it was actually comforting. I'm slightly cholosterphobic so having a friend all up in my mouth put me more at ease.

I got a new haircut this week and I love it. It doesn't look much different but she layered it a little differently...small, subtle change...but I like it.

I got to stop by Megan's in between appointments one day this week and got to see little Lincoln. He is a skinny little thing. I'm used to chubby babies in my family. :) He was just as cute as the pictures on their blog.

My church was having VBS this week and I'm usually involved somehow but this year I was out of town the whole time they were planning and putting things together so I didn't have a role. I volunteered to babysit my nephew, Connor, while Kristen took the girls each night. I loved this! He's the cutest little thing and we had so much fun each night. He's such a good baby. We visited with Jami and Cooper and went walking with Heather and Alex one night. It was fun to catch up with everyone while watching Connor.

Jonathon and I did share our date night with Jesse and BD to see a movie. We ran into the Kaelins at Qdoba so it was nice to catch up.

The rest of the week I did a whole lot of nothing.....which was really nice! Jonathon and I are headed out of town to London, KY. He's working there this summer and I don't want to be away from him for another week. I'll be hanging out at the hotel during the day while he's working then we'll get to hang out at night. I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I totally get the always at a doctor thing. You are right though the reasons are always valid. I guess we just got the short end of the stick on this one!
Beth