Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, July 27, 2009

Kiawah Island, Here We Come..

Jonathon and I are officially registered for the Kiawah Island Marathon in December. Originally we wanted to run the Chicago in October but we didn't register in time. I went on a search to find another marathon to be my first. I found the Kiawah Island Marathon.... http://www.kiawahresort.com/recreation/marathon/ I'm thinking the weather will be perfect that time of year in South Carolina.

The training calendar doesn't begin until the end of August so now I have a few weeks to get my body ready to train. For the past two years I just haven't had the motivation to get going but I am pumped and ready to go now. I spent an hour on the treadmill this morning running/walking. I'm so excited to be committed to it!

2 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

good luck! i want to do a marathon soon too. i thought about the chicago...tammy nuxoll is doing it again and she and i run together a lot. i just didn't think i could pull it off with an infant at home. i am hoping for next year now that he is a little older. i am happy for you and will be cheering you all the way!!

Scott and Kelli said...

Sounds fun and I think you'll really like SC. Take a tour of Ft. Sumter where the Civil War supposedly started if you can. Also, I don't know if they are still exhibiting it, but the Hunley was on display when I was there. I didn't get to see it because it was sold out for many weeks out. If you recall, the Hunley was the first submarine from the Civil War era. I had read a profile of the fateful crew and found it fascinating. Good luck with the training!