Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Why so angry?

I've noticed that a lot of people seem to just be angry in general. I feel sorry for them. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't like be sad or angry. I love when everyone just gets along and I don't like negative energy at all.

Today I had pulled up next to Kristen in a parking lot to tell her something. I wasn't blocking any traffic behind me so I knew it would just take a minute. I was going the correct way so I wasn't breaking any kind of direction rule either. When we finished I turned my head to take off again and there were two pedestrian girls walking near my car. I had started rolling forward slightly but when I saw the girls approaching I stopped quickly. My mistake. Let me tell you first that the girls were at least two feet away from my car so there was no chance I was actually going to hit them.

Well, the girl in front stopped suddenly and shot me a dirty look. Inside I thought, "Oh no I'm so sorry, please go ahead and cross. I notice you now and I will not hit you. Very sorry." I know my facial expression had to be saying the same thing. I mean, it was an accident.

She obviously didn't feel my thoughts because she proceeded to shout a bad word at me. Why are people so angry? I mean did I ruin her existence by making her pause for one second before proceeding forward? I realize she may have just been having a bad day already but come on!

I shouldn't care but in my mind that girl hates me. She doesn't know me. I made a mistake. Nobody got hurt. I told her I was sorry....

Why are people so angry?

9 comments:

The Tibbs World said...

I hate when things like that happen. A few years ago, Mom and I were shopping and a lady was there openly using profanity. So we proceeded to turn around and walk away (because I prefer not to listen to such talk) and she started cussing at us.

For the longest time I would get so mad when I thought about how horrible she treated us, but now I only think, "Boy she must lead a sad existence to treat random people like that."

Where ever she is, I still pray for that lady to this day.

Jami said...

Steve and I were talking last night how there are people that have this sense of entitlement about them. We were leaving McAlisters and we had parked by the side door. He started to back out and quickly slammed on this breaks. I wasn't paying attention so it caught me off guard. Someone was coming around the corner at full speed! Didn't even bother to slow down and acknowledge someone was pulling out. It's not like it bothered us to wait for them, but next time they might not be so lucky.

Dawn Cox said...

I know the feeling. We were at Walmart yesterday and as we got Maddie out of the car, we allowed her to walk. When we saw a car backing out we made sure that Maddie stopped and waited on the woman. I guess she didn't like that we were going to allow her to continue, she rolled her eyes at me and then proceded to say a few nasty things to us! People these days!

Hers and His said...

I guess I will add on to the list of things angry people do--Chris and I were going for our nightly walk a few days ago and a car just about ran us over. He slowed down long enough to yell the "F" bomb at us. Some people are just crazy...

It's sad, but I think people get even more crazy around this time of year (Christmas)!

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Hey, I thought I would delete my 2 comments and make them one. :) Our Bible Study group just watched this Rob Bell Nooma video on anger - the low grade boiling rage that people carry around with them. He makes a great point that it's usually people who aren't engaged in fighting a bigger cause. And it's also challenging because he asks what we get angry about? Injustices or inconveniences? It's really good if you have time to watch it, and you'll know that that girl's anger was so not really about you.
Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YTUDHaPcGg and part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLy0XudDz8U&NR=1

Jason & Michelle said...

I can't say much for myself when it comes to the car, I'm ashamed to say I suffer from road rage. Badly. LOL! I never say things so people can see them or hear them, though, and I have to watch my mouth because I always have at least one tiny pair of ears listening and ready to repeat whatever they hear...Better than my husband, though - when people flip him off or shoot dirty looks or other things, he blows them kisses. He likes to antagonize them on purpose!!!

Amy said...

you can always do what Larry does and just wave and smile at them. Hang in there Jonathon is almost home. :)