Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, June 20, 2008

Back Home Again In Indiana....

We're back from the trip! It was a good experience although not exactly what I was expecting. We spent the mornings participating in different worship activities. After lunch each day we would go to a service project, come back, have dinner, then back out another service project in the evening. We would return to base around 9:00 each night and debrief. Our team would then spend the rest of the evening resting or relaxing. I usually hung out in the cafeteria with the Euchre playing group. Good times were had in there!

The place where we stayed was an old school building that was really being let run down. We slept in bunk beds and fought with the poor plumbing in the restrooms and showers. It reminded me very much of the old camps I've been to when I was a kid. It seemed really rough at first, but by the end of the week wasn't too bad...for me at least.

The best thing that came out of our trip was the bonding between all the group members. I really got to know everyone so much better on this trip and I enjoy doing things with all the group members at church or outside of church in the future!

No comments: