Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Emotions

Tonight in my small group we talked about this quote:

No one can be betrayed who hasn't loved, no one can be disappointed who hasn't tried, no one can be disillusioned who hasn't dreamed...

I think you have to go through disappointments to really appreciate the highs of life. This caused some debate.

Would you rather have a life of constant contentment or have a life of emotional highs and lows?

6 comments:

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

ooo, I love debates....
I am with you on this, having the highs & lows has made my life more meaningful.

Rachel said...

Good question! I think I remember using talking about it in the girls' van on the way back from Florida. I can't remember my answer . . . :) I think consistent contentment is definitely easier. Can I have that mixed with high highs and no low lows?? :)

Jennifer said...

I believe my lows have enabled me to be more empathetic. I have been able to be a better person in certain situations because of those lows.

However, having experienced the extreme lows, I would now relish constant contentment.

Jami said...

I agree, I think highs and lows have made me a better person, maybe a little too cynical and harsh at times, but a better person. At the same time I think people can choose contentment and happiness in the midst of pain and sorrow instead of dwelling on those times. Sorry I missed last night, we had a Halloween party at Cooper's Dr's office.

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

you've been tagged - read my blog