Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, October 20, 2008

Needed Weekend

I spent the weekend with my family in Bowling Green. I slept in on Saturday and didn't wake up until 11:00 our time. Wow! I never sleep in. I think when I visit my aunt and uncle's house I'm able to leave my work and house behind and relax. I needed it too!

On Sunday we met up with my cousin, Kelli, and her husband, Scott. They just returned from a two-week vacation in Europe. They had so many stories to tell. One included a trip to a nude beach. They didn't realize where they were going until it was too late! Can you imagine?!?!? They didn't take any pictures of that particular vacation spot. They said they were amazed at how everywhere they went the Europeans were following the US election and had their own opinions about things.

Sunday evening it was back to Louisville to watch my cousin and his Southern Gospel Quartet, Triumphant, perform at a church in Shively. It was so good to see Jeff perform in person. It had been a couple years since I had seen his group. He stocked us up with cds so I listened to one as I drove around running errands today.

I have an announcement: I'm going to help coach cheerleading for the basketball season at CHS. I'm really excited about it. I go to most of the boys' home games anyway so when the position came open I thought it would be fun to get involved in the sport at the high school level. Several of the current cheerleaders were on my squad at JJ when they were little so this should be fun.

Happy Monday. Have a great week!

No comments: