Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Callie is Growing Up


No, she's not getting married. Ha! I just wanted to throw up a pic of her. Last night she called me to ask if I wanted to buy anything for her school fundraiser. About five minutes into the conversation it hit me that Callie was in total control of our conversation. I could hear Chris and Kristen in the background just doing the family thing. Kristen wasn't hanging out next to the phone telling Callie what to say. Callie was describing all the products to me and telling me how much they were. If I had questions I could hear her flipping through the catalog to the appropriate page to find the answer. I was having so much fun listening to her that I just kept asking questions. I could tell she was having fun being little Miss Responsibility. She's like a little adult!

Get this...Her birthday is in two weeks and she has decided she doesn't want a party this year. She wants to go to Kobe. Is she going to be 7 or 17???

It's so much fun watching my nieces grow up. They definitely have their own personalities. It has always surprised me to see what they know and what they can do. They just soak everything in. I love being an aunt!! I'm gonna need help with the boy that's on the way. What do you do with boys??????

4 comments:

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

What do you do with boys??????

I'm sure my MIL could give you some hints... :-)

Dawn Cox said...

I grew up with 4 brothers and my philosophy was to "RUN FAR AWAY FROM THEM!" LOL! They always picked on me because I was the only girl... I don't know what to tell you!

Jami said...

Just give him a ball, let him throw it and crawl to it, throw it again, crawl to it again, throw it and let it land in hard to reach places and watch him struggle to reach it.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

i agree with the ball thing, jami! when baseball breaks out in my living room, i am usually the pitcher!