Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, September 1, 2008

Finishing Up the Weekend...

Sunday- I met up with my friend Jen and spent the afternoon at her dad's house catching up and chatting. Her brother Josh is also a teacher so there was lots to talk about. You can't get two teachers in the same room without talking about school! I had a great time hanging out with her family.

I went to Kristen's for dinner. I don't think I've mentioned it yet, but Kristen is having a boy!! We are all so excited. Now that we know the sex we can think about shopping....

Monday-I shopped the Labor Day sales and got a couple great deals. One was I found and bought two different wedding bands. We never got the chance to pick out a band for my ring because of getting the replacement ring back a couple days before the wedding. Well, we've both been so busy we just haven't shopped for one. I knew the jewelry stores would have some sales today so I picked out a couple. When Jonathon gets back, I'll have him pick which one he likes the best. He was telling me I needed to find one I like because I "didn't look married from across the room." Ha, ha...He's so funny.

I met up with Jonathon's sister for lunch today. We had a great time. It's the first time we have done something with it being just the two of us. It's fun to continue getting to know my in-laws!

Tonight I've been catching up on some much needed laundry duty. I had four loads.....of just my stuff! I'm really bad about keeping up with the laundry.

Jonathon called me with an update a few minutes ago. He's flying into Louisiana tomorrow to begin search and rescue/damage assessment. With the news of the two other storms that have formed in the Caribbean there's no telling when they will be finished...keep on praying!

Here's to getting GOOD sleep tonight and starting the week of right...

1 comment:

Terri A. Stice said...

Anxiously waiting to hear he is home! Love you all bunches!!!