Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, September 15, 2008

Ups and Downs of the Wind Storm


I'm a lucky girl. I was on my way to a bridal shower in Utica when the storm was in its fullness on Sunday and I just want to type for a minute about what a dummy I am sometimes. I drove through a tree covered road dodging fallen trees to get to that shower. Who in their right mind drives through a scene like that when a wind storm is still blowing? Thankfully, God was watching over because a tree never landed on me on the way there or back.

When I returned home I found my house in tact without any damage at all. I was very lucky because the rest of my neighborhood got hit. There were shingles from houses around me in my yard. My electricity was also out like everyone else in the county...or at least I thought. I started out at Jami's passing some time then went over to Heather's. I love living in a neighborhood of friends! Heather and Zoe were hungry so we ended up grilling some burgers from my thawing freezer. Yes, I had a very lovely candle-lit dinner with Zoe, Alex, Heather, and Craig! Aimee called to tell me that her electricity had never gone out which is really bazaar because she lives in my neighborhood. Heather and I went over to her house so Alex could take a breathing treatment and I could steal some electricity for my phone.


I called Kristen to find out that they have some roof damage but she thinks they can get it fixed quickly and without much cost so that's good news too.

Today ended up being pretty fun. School was out so I hung out with Jami all day long. We went to Target, had lunch at the concessions area there, then came home. Later I went back over and had chili-dogs with her and Steve. Since school is out tomorrow I'm sure Jami and I will get some more time to hang out.



I got a call about an hour ago from Jonathon telling me he's on his way home! He has to report in Louisville tomorrow to do work with the Louisville clean-up. I hate to celebrate the fact that there's so much damage going on that my husband had to be called to the area but in the spirit of looking on the bright side....I GET TO SEE MY HUBBY! I'm sure anyone suffering right now from no electric, no water, and trees down will probably not find much happiness in that so for that I'm sorry.



Okay, I must go finish up the power clean. Jonathon should be home soon...

1 comment:

Dawn Cox said...

Are you completely nuts?! I have to admit the year Charlie came through, we got tropical storm force conditions and I drove from Dunedin to Trinity (about 35 minutes) in the conditions while talking on the cell phone! Glad you are ok.