Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, March 28, 2008

Fun Afternoon

Today we went to the court house and applied for our marriage license. It was super easy. I can't believe how it easy it was....seems like it should have been harder.

We spent the rest of the afternoon running some "boring" errands together but we made it fun by cracking jokes with each other. We laugh about the fact that trips to Target will soon become our "dates."

We went to lunch and my throat was hurting so badly that I just ordered a side of mashed potatoes and spinach. Jonathon got a big, juicy cheeseburger and made sure to tell the waitress that I just had my tonsils out. I laughed....you could tell he didn't want anything to think that he wouldn't let me eat. I jokingly said I should have told the waitress, "My boyfriend thinks I'm fat" like in the movie How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days. Ha!! It was pretty funny.....maybe you had to be there.

We haven't merged our money yet. That won't happen for another month or so but we've already started the "asking" each other about purchases. I bought some dresses (GREAT CLEARANCE PRICES!) this week so while we were shopping at Target, he found a little toy helicopter he really wanted. He almost didn't get it, but I said, "I got dresses" so he decided to splurge. It was a cute moment.

Anyway, tomorrow morning Jonathon is running the Papa Johns Ten Miler and he's super excited about it. I'll be waiting at the finish line on this one. I'm not supposed to exercise at all for another four days.

Okay, it's time for my afternoon nap. This throat is still killin'.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I can't believe you got your tonsils out and did your portfolio!!! You go, girl!

Kelly said...

Target dates are the best!

Dawn Cox said...

glad you can laugh about it! hope you get feeling like a normal adult soon!

Jami said...

The first date Steve and I had after Cooper was to Target. We even sat down in tables by Starbucks and got a pretzel.

Jason & Michelle said...

Never underestimate the power of Target. :) That's pretty much my favorite store - mostly because I'm addicted to Starbucks, but still!