Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Great Weekend

Friday Night
We attended a fundraising event at Kye's for the MDA. A co worker's daughter is the region's ambassador for MDA and she was hosting the event. It was a lot of fun. There were appetizers and lots of games and auctions you could participate in to give more money. I saw several people I knew there. It was hard to talk over the loud music with my scratchy throat so we didn't stay very long but it was fun!

Saturday
I started out with cheering Jonathon and Jesse on in the Papa John's Ten Miler. BD and I hung out trying to find them in the race crowd and then met up with them at the finish line. I've never gone to one of the big races as a spectator. It was really neat to see the crowd cheering the runners on from the sideline. I had fun watching but I missed running the race. Jonthathon hurt his feet in the race. They are still really hurting him. Luckily, he doesn't have to work this week so we're hoping they heal up. We are going to make a trip to Pacers and Racers next weekend to get some better running shoes. It really is all about the shoes!!
I came home and went to the church to help throw Jen Dooley's shower. We had a great turn out. She got many great things to take back to her house! The food looked so good but I still couldn't eat any of it. I got a plate full of the chocolate fountain dip and licked it off of the fruit. Mmmm...good.
Saturday night we kinda took it easy. We watched UofL get beat. bummer...

Sunday
Jonathon and I reported to church for our pre-marriage counseling but his feet were hurting so badly that I told him we could go home. I think he needs to stay off of his feet for a couple days. I don't think he was letting me know how bad they were hurting.

I went over to Heather's house this afternoon. She and Jami had a small shower for me with some friends. Aimee brought Kimberlyn and Jami had Cooper with her. It was so neat to see them side by side. They were born on exactly the same day. At the shower we were blessed with another pile of amazing gifts. I love everything I've gotten!!

Tonight I had to get back to work. I've been planning my curriculum for the week, taking care of some Relay for Life paperwork (I'm JJ's team captain), and making my to-do list for the week. I can't believe that every major thing going in my life will culminate in the next three weeks. My IUS Educational Leadership exit interview is at the end of April and the wedding will be in just nineteen days! It's going to be a stressful three weeks but I'll truly be able to relax on the honeymoon.

I hope everyone who had Spring Break had a good one!! Here's to a productive week....

1 comment:

Hers and His said...

Kyes!!! That's where our reception is! Glad to hear you got lots of goodies at your shower :)