Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday

This morning started off not so well. I woke up with a sore throat! WHAT?!?! I thought after my tonsil surgery there would be no more sore throats!! Well, I was wrong. I think it's the beginning of what I call The Back-To-School Cold. I get it every year around the beginning of September. Welcome back germy drainage in the back of my throat! I hope you don't plan to stay very long...ugh!

I made my way to our couples' Lifegroup class....husband less and late....Jonathon's absence causes both of those things. Ha! Then it was on to the regular service but I had to leave early.

I went to my step-nephew's birthday party in in Columbus this afternoon with Kristen and the DeVore gang. It was pretty fun riding up with them. I was in the back seat with the girls watching Flushed Away on the mini DVD player. Maddie kept telling me to watch different parts and she would study my face to see if I was enjoying it as much as she thought I should. So cute.

I made it back just in time to attend our last Homegroup tonight. Wow, the past six weeks really flew by! We had a great pitch-in dinner and listened to Fred and Tony play a little music. Good times. Sulayne and I also had a marathon conversation about school. This happens often during the school year!

I'm home tonight and just thirty minutes away from my bedtime. Now that the Olympics are over I plan on being in bed by ten every night. The only thing is Jonathon hasn't called yet.....Hurry honey...it's getting close to lights out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sore throat? Seriously? I didn't think that could happen, either. Your tonsils haven't grown back, have they?

Feel better!

Jami said...

I got my tonsils taken out when I was 6, I still get sore throats. At least once a year I get a cold with a sore throat.