Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, August 31, 2008

What?!?!

Yeah, that was my thought as I rolled over to see that it was 10:35 when I woke up this morning! That's five minutes past the time I should have been sitting in my pew at church! Those of you who have known me for many years know that oversleeping was something that happened often in my youth but for the last few years it is rare that I EVER sleep late. I have that whole rhythm clock thing going on. I vaguely remember hitting snooze on the alarm around 8:00 this morning because I was feeling extremely tired for some reason. Well, I'm guessing my hand turned it OFF instead. There was so much I needed to do at church today....besides hearing the sermon which is the number 1 reason for going.

It's now 11:30 and I'm usually not home so why not blog, right? Here are the highlights of my Saturday:

I met Heather and Jami for a little breakfast at Cracker Barrel. It's nice living on the same corner as both of them. We can pile into one car and go. We ate and then sat and talked for a long time. Then when we got home we sat in the car and kept talking. Then we stood in the driveway and kept talking. I guess we need to do that more often because we had a lot of catching up to do. I REALLY had a good time. It's amazing how much you can miss seeing and talking to people that you live right beside! Life is so hurry, hurry that we still don't get to spend as much quality time together. I'm so glad they are my neighbors. If any of us move we are going to have to look for a buy one get two free(or at least reduced) sale in a neighborhood nearby! I love you girls!!

Jonathon and I went to my friend Jen's Father's wedding yesterday afternoon. (Did you follow that one?) Her mother passed a way a few years ago and he got remarried yesterday. I've been close to their family for a very long time and I am so happy to see him happy!

On the way to the reception Jonathon got "the call" about the hurricane relief so we made a different turn and headed home. Yesterday afternoon and evening was a blur of him packing, making phone calls, and checking things on the Internet. I ran up to Walmart to buy him some things he needed and when I got home I had great news. He didn't have to leave last night. They changed plans a little so he got to stay home and leave at 5:30 this morning. (I also vaguely remember him waking me up to kiss me good-bye.) So we watched a movie and just enjoyed the evening. They told him to be ready to be gone a week but three years ago when Katrina hit his company was there for two months. He didn't go then but other were telling him all about it. Let's hope the evacuation plans are better so they really can leave earlier this time.

I was so proud of him yesterday. He quickly jumped into action and I thought....This is what they trained him to do....I know part of him is ready and anxious for the challenge....I was really sad because this week he was only supposed to work two days and then be home and I have really been missing him. How can I be upset though when he will be helping out people in need. I'm so proud of him. Did I already say that?

Okay, it's time to get my Sunday started....

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! You should be proud! But I'm sorry that you will have missed the extra time with him.

Jami said...

I had a great time with you guys too yesterday. It is so nice to catch up. Yes, you should be extra proud of him. They were talking on the news this morning about Kentucky sending their National Guard down including "x" amount of helicopters. Steve and I both said "There goes Jonathan"