Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, July 14, 2008

Chicago

Happy 30th Birthday Chicago Celebration for Nora.....
Friday- We all arrived in our condo. It was so nice! Then we went to a nice place for dinner. I can't remember the name of it but it was a Tapas Bar. I had never been to a "small plate" restaurant. It was VERY good. Each person orders a dish of something then you get small plates and sample everything. I knew Jonathon would love it. I'm going to see if he wants to try the Tapas Bar in Louisville. Anyway.... After dinner we came back to the condo and hung out. We were all tired.
Our Condo:


Saturday-Carrie and I started our day with a run along Lake Michigan. There was so much to see! We spent just about the whole day in and around the Michigan Avenue area. Whew...it was a tiring day. This was the day that Craig, a friend from college, met up with us and we hung out the entire day. It's very hard for me to say what was my favorite thing because everything was so much fun. I greatly enjoyed seeing Craig. I hadn't seen him in five years...not since Nora's wedding. It was so much fun catching up with him!


The scene on Michigan Avenue:
They sang "Happy Birthday" to Nora at the Hershey store: View from the Hancock building of the Navy Pier and downtown:
Nora and I washed some windows...
Craig and me...
The whole Chicago crew: Me, Craig, Carrie, Jen, Nora, and Lisa ...

Sunday-A run with Carrie to Millennium Park, Brunch at cute little place named Toast, more shopping in Lincoln Park, a visit to Wrigley-ville, chips and salsa at a Mexican restaurant, and meeting a comedian on the way to get a burger. It was another tiring day! By the time we had done all the walking around, we were tired and just ready to hang out at the condo by 8:00. Nora, Carrie, and I decided to walk a couple blocks to get a hot dog or something and on the way we met a comedian guy at the 7 Eleven. Warning: This story is going to sound crazy! He was hilarious! He ended up hanging out with us for a while. (Nora and I were hoping sparks would fly with Carrie!) When he left he gave us his card with his website on it. You never know if people are telling you the truth when you first meet them, but he's legit. It was all so random. Looking back we think maybe he was soaking up the experience for his "material." Crazy times!

Worst part of Sunday: I chipped one of my teeth on a tortilla chip....gotta visit the dentist on Wednesday to get it fixed. Bummer!!

The view of Wrigleyville from the train station: Madness!

A final picture of Nora, Carrie, and me. I love these weekends together!!



Monday- I said my good-byes this morning and flew back home. Jami was nice enough to pick me up from the airport and we stopped for lunch. Another good time!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You chipped your tooth on a chip??? That's crazy!! About as crazy as hanging out with random guy!

Jami said...

Glad you had a good time, lunch was fun!