Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Today

Another packed day....

I started with Summer School which is turning out to be really fun. Today we worked on writing stories and they are doing so well. I'm working with second graders this week and it's been a couple years since I taught writing to second graders. I forgot how cute their stories are and how they soak up everything you tell them. With fifth graders you see progress but it's much more gradual. It's amazing the difference you can see in one 45 minute lesson with the younger ones!

After school, I went to lunch with my friend Kristie to catch up a little bit. (Megan, I REALLY fell off the wagon today with the food eating.) After lunch, we both went back to our classrooms and worked a little bit. I bought a new sign that says "Welcome to My Classroom~Mrs. Wesely~" and it looks so good hanging over my door. I just hope it's not on the ground when I go back tomorrow. Sometimes the tape doesn't work and it's so stinking aggravating!

I met Kathy around 3:00 to run 4 miles. Yeah.......let's just say that we were both not feeling well in the heat. Man, it was hard! We did the mileage but it was a run/walk combo. Last week we ran four miles a couple times without much trouble. It's amazing how much the weather changes things.


Tonight, I met Shannon, Jen, and Rachel for dinner. We were celebrating Shannon's passing of the CPA exam. She has been studying her tail off for so long and it has finally paid off. CONGRATS to her!


Okay, it's almost time for my nightly phone call with Jonathon. I hope everyone had a great Tuesday.


P.S. Happy Birthday Jenny! (Jonathon's sister)

2 comments:

Hers and His said...

It's okay---I went to lunch with Laura today and splurged...big time! Tomorrow's a new day :)

Jami said...

Would you still like to do lunch this week at Panera? Or would next week work better?