Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, July 7, 2008

Sunday-Closing the Holidy Weekend

Jonathon and I had a whirlwind weekend going from place to place over the holiday. Sunday was just as packed with plans. We headed off to Sunday School because we thought our "newlyweds" class was going to begin. When we got there, we found out that it doesn't start for three weeks. We probably should have stayed for any of the other classes but we actually saw it as a blessing. We were planning on leaving before the main service to go to Northside because Heather's uncle, Scott Ham, was going to be speaking on a live remote from Iraq. That helped us not to rush around so much. So....we drove back home just to throw in some laundry and headed to Northside.

The sermon was about Daniel and listening to God when he is telling you to do something. The message was good.....one I needed to hear. It was neat to see the live feed from Iraq as well. I've met Scott on several occasions and I can honestly say he is one of the nicest people I've ever met and from everything Heather tells me he seems to be a genuine hero.

After church we ran back to the house to pick up our contribution to the family cookout and went to Jonathon's parents' house for lunch/dinner. We hadn't been together as a whole family since Mother's Day. We decided that's too long to go in between meetings so we are going to get better at it.

After the cookout we came home and relaxed and then went to bed early. We had an exhausting weekend!!

3 comments:

Jason & Michelle said...

You were at Northside? We go there. We went to the Sunday morning service, it was very moving. The kids were so cute!

Jami said...

I wish I would have known about Heather's uncle, I would have loved to see it.

Jami said...

Domestic Engineer? I love the new job title.